Few things affect the experience of a home like colour. Colour guides our emotions, engages our intellect and says who we are and what we believe. A well-done interior colour scheme will tell the story of the home and its occupants, will set the appropriate mood for each room and will be devoid of unconsidered elements.
The Importance of Colour Consultation
If you’ve decided it’s time to implement a new colour scheme for your home contact Isabelle Tremblay of Decor Isabelle and arrange a comprehensive colour consultation.
- During the initial consultation Isabelle will take the time to get acquainted with you and your ideas for the new colour scheme. You’ll discuss what you feel does and doesn’t work about your current scheme and lay the groundwork for the coming changes.
- Following the initial consultation the process will move on to a thorough examination of your home environment and how that will affect colour choices. Everything will be taken into consideration when devising a new colour scheme for your home including:
- The age and style of the home.
- The function of each particular room and how spaces interact.
- The number and size of windows as well as which direction they face.
- The ages, occupations and cultural identity of the home’s inhabitants.
- The style and colour of furniture and whether you intend to introduce new furniture.
- The outdoor environment as visible through the windows.
At each point in the process Isabelle will show you how various colour choices can affect the experience of a space. She’ll also demonstrate how the colour of the walls, window coverings and furniture play off each other, then make recommendations based on all of the above considerations.
The ultimate goal of your colour consultation is to create an environment that:
- Enhances your feeling of well-being and comfort.
- Transforms the overall perception of your home in keeping with your intentions.
- Brings all the elements of your interior design together in the most harmonious way.
- Enhances the overall value of your home from both an emotional and financial perspective.
Selecting a new colour scheme for your home is not a process that should be approached in a haphazard way. Call Decor Isabelle in Hamilton or Burlington and arrange for a colour consultation with one of the GTA’s most experienced and respected interior decoration specialists. She’ll work closely with you to achieve results that will enhance the quality of your life for years to come.